I hope you're all going to enjoy your Thanksgiving and do something that makes you smile. If you're really stuck for something to do, watch the Thanksgiving episode of the Original Series. You know, the one with the Thanksgiving turkeys? Click HERE if you don't know what I'm talking about.
Here's some Thanksgiving trivia for you (answers below - don't peek):
- What major Star Trek character added too much taragon to the stuffing?
- What Enterprise crew member removed all of the screws from the dining table as a child, causing the Thanksgiving turkey to crash to the floor?
- What holiday do the Talaxians celebrate to give thanks for family?
- Which Star Trek captain cooked Thanksgiving dinner for all of the senior staff?
- On Bajor, what holiday is analogous to Thanksgiving?
In my house, our Thanksgiving will start as they all start - with a trip down to St James (south of Mankato) to volunteer at the big Thanksgiving blood drive. I'm not sure, but I believe it's still the biggest Thanksgiving Day blood drive in the country. Talk about Minnesota Nice! Then we will drive home and have our dinner. Less people this year, but we'll still have the whole meal and will Zoom with family to say hello and share our thanks. If anyone would like to share a greeting, just let me know and we'll make it happen!
I am thankful for all of you, on Thanksgiving and every day. Although we formally pause only once a year to celebrate our many accomplishments, there are many and they are really cool! The many social activities, science fiction events and charitable endeavors we've done over the years are really out of the ordinary and special. Thanks to all of you for your special talents and uniqueness!!
See you around the Galaxy!