I hope you're all enjoying the summer and are planning to come to CONvergence. It will be a blast! See more information in this newsletter. We're publishing this special July newsletter to make sure folks are in the know about everything that's going on, and it's a lot. Please read below and make sure you don't miss out on any of the fun - we really want to have fun with all of you!
Speaking of fun, do you have an event or community service project that you'd like to see on our calendar? Don't forget that all members are welcome to submit ideas. We'll consider anything you'd like to do, so let a board member know. The governing board will formulate the calendar and present it to the crew in September, so now's the time!
We have lots of events this summer that require advance signup. Some also require advance payment. Don't miss out - sign up today!!
- Feed My Starving Children on July 16th
- This summer's packing event is at the Eagan location at 990 Lone Oak Road, Suite 136, Eagan, MN 55121. As of this writing we have only 2 people on a reservation of 15, so please go to www.fmsc.org to sign up today! As you might imagine, when we're done with our 6:00 to 7:30pm packing session we'll head to a nearby restaurant for dinner. Join us!
- Moon Party on July 20th
- Join us in celebrating the anniversary of the first moon landing at the Moon Party, hosted by Phill Goldman & Lynne Tauer at their home in the northern suburbs. We'll start at 6:00PM and go until "whenever." You are invited to bring your favorite side dish for potluck-style sharing, but that is completely optional. Please bring a lawn chair and, because it’s a summer evening in Minnesota, don't forget your preferred bug spray. Registration (sign up online) and payment for your meal ($11 per person) are due by Saturday, July 13. No exceptions. This event is exclusive to Nokomis members and plus-ones only.
- Tall Ships Adventure and Overnight August 10th and 11th:
- Join us on the shores of Lake Superior for Festival of Sail Duluth 2019. The festival runs from Sunday, August 11 to Tuesday, August 13. We will be going on Sunday. The hours are 11am to 7pm. Tickets are sold on the website (www.festofsailduluth.com), and you should order them ASAP. We'll also be having a sleepover on Saturday night, thanks to Denise and Mike. They have a cabin half-way to Duluth and are welcoming us to come up on Saturday. We'll have breakfast in the morning and then caravan up to Duluth to meet those who aren't sleeping over. Please use the signup sheet to let us know you are interested, so we can keep you in the loop.
- Outdoor Movie Night on August 17th
- Please join us for our 2019 outdoor movie night on August 17th. The fun starts at 7pm in the backyard of the Captain's Quarters. Everyone is welcome to Trek under the stars! The cost of the event is still $12 and includes your meal and entertainment. Please bring a beverage of your choice and something to sit on (most people bring chairs but blankets work, too). Please sign up online ASAP or let Mary know if you plan to attend so we can plan the amount of food. We need to know who's coming by August 11th. It is critically important for everyone to RSVP.
- Top Golf Outing on August 18th
- You do not have to be a golfer to play! Think of it as a bowling alley, perched above the playing field, with golf balls instead of bowling balls. We're going as a group during the afternoon of August 18th. Each bay accommodates 8 people and 6 players, so 2 people can observe and relax. The cost of golfing is based on the number of people that go, so we can only estimate it at this time. Since they sell out the bays quickly, we'll need everyone to sign up by July 7th. Please sign up on the signup sheet and know that we have to commit to a specific number of people for the reservation.
See you at CONvergence, at these events, and around the Galaxy!